If you’re trying to pull off a blend of dressy and casual, you probably find yourself reaching for jeans and heels. I know I do. In re-visiting some of my favourite outfits from my ‘Why it Works’ inspiration, I’ve included this outfit particularly to demonstrate the strength of how a neutral wardrobe can support the colour pops. You could switch out that yellow and substitute it with a red or pink or a colourful print and it would be just as strong.
So here’s why it works:
- Let’s start with the obvious…that Yellow Shirt. Personally, I just can’t wear this colour, but when it’s combined with neutrals for the rest of the outfit, it’s fun without being overwhelming.
- Mid blue jeans go so well with camel & tan and they’re just the right amount of casual without being too dressed down.
- Pointed toe pumps elongate the legs and show just the right amount of skin.
- The Collarless camel jacket is practical and warm, with a beautiful deep V that lines up with her waist. And with rolled up sleeves, makes the outfit feel more interesting, because we see the layers underneath.
- The jacket colour and shoes are matching which creates balance.
- Proportions are interesting with a play on the oversized jacket over skinny jeans.
- I love the size of the bag too, it’s as big as the boldness of her shirt. The orange/ tan is still part of the camel family, but the darker tone helps complete the outfit by matching with the depth of the blue.
- And lastly…that smile – a big feature of the outfit. I guess that’s what a yellow shirt can do for you.
Outfit via mystylepill